Sue your accountant @claimsagainst

You rely on your accountant to deal with important financial matters – whether for your business or personal affairs. Their mistakes can have expensive consequences – and potentially even land you in trouble with the HMRC. There are professional codes of conduct which accountants must not breach. If you feel the service you received from your accountant was below a legally acceptable standard you may be entitled to compensation. Most accountants will be insured against a claim. We can help if your claim has arisen in the last 6 years.

Take Action:

Take actionWe’ll respond within 48 hours.

Call us free 0800 374 514

Contact us online

Do you have a claim?

Typical scenarios are where your accountant has:

● Provided incorrect tax advice.

● Missed an important deadline; eg. annual return.

● Failed to advise properly.

● Provided an inaccurate valuation of company assets.

● Made an inaccurate valuation of business assets.

● Missed fraudulent / wrongful activity when auditing accounts.

However, there are lots of other situations where action can be taken; and our friendly, knowledgeable specialists will quickly help establish if you have a possible claim depending on your individual circumstances.

What does the Law require?

To win your case we need to establish that:

● The accountant owed a duty to you.

● There was a failure to provide services in the same manner as a reasonably competent accountant of similar standing and;

● As a direct result you have suffered a financial loss.


Frequently asked questions

What our clients say